Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Super Bowl, Super Sober




Well, it's that time again. The Super bowl is almost here! I'm soooo excited that my Patriots are playing in it AGAIN, against the Giants of all teams! REMATCH BABY!! Its also going to be my second year in a row being sober. I know I can do it because I did it last year, but this year is going to be so hard! The good thing is that it will just be Me and Trent so I wont have a houseful of drunk football fans. LOL. I'm going to try and make some cool drinks that will replace what probably would have been a vodka night. The menu isn't set yet, probably wings as usual. I need to start watching what I eat more, although cutting the alcohol out of my life is going to be great for my health, id hate to pick up cruddy eating habits in its place. Ive already been drinking tons of soda, and I use to mainly drink lots of water. It shouldn't be too hard for me though, as I love my healthy foods.


On the topic of my health, I'm feeling older than ever this last week. I was already having weird knee problems thanks to a drunken night in October, but now its all going downhill. I was laying down watching a movie last week and out of nowhere I started having crazy joint problems with my ankle. Add that to my hand problems Ive been having, and you have a mess. With us paying down our debt with income tax, our bills will be less during the year, and I'm going to see about getting added to Trent's insurance. I have to figure out what is happening to my body. I want nothing more than to start exercising again, and going on my walks, but with how Ive been feeling its just not going to happen. Ive also been super tired lately and its confusing me like crazy, because without drinking, Ive finally got my sleep schedule on track! OIVEY. I hope everything can be figured out. I'm ready to feel healthy inside and out!


I'm still keeping up with my meetings, 2 a day so far. I'm really excited to get my license back and actually go to a f2f meeting. My online one seems to be a good start on how to do things right and know what its going to be like. I have really grown to love all the people there. I look forward to getting on and catching up with everyone and learning more each time! Ive also started reading the BB. I was really confused about the connection between God and AA since I'm agnostic, but thankfully I was directed to a chapter in the BB that covers that pretty well. It really makes since now. I cant wait to read more and grow to understand everything better. Some of the meetings will surely make more sense, and more light bulbs will go off. YAY.

Well thats all for now!

Football fever and sober thoughts, Rachel




No comments:

Post a Comment