Sunday, February 26, 2012

Its over already?




Well it's Sunday, which makes me super sad. Especially since Trent played Golf all afternoon and it was a Saturday working weekend. I hate Saturday working weekends, but at least at NOV it's only 2 instead of EVERY weekend like at Martifer. I seemed to have pulled weeds all weekend which proved to be alot more of a 'pain' than I thought they would be. I am sore out of my mind. My thighs, butt, and even hands are screaming bloody murder at me right now. It feels like I got in a bar fight. I really wanted to lay down a brick pathway to Whiskey's kennel but I'll have to do that this week when I'm not walking like an old penguin granny. It was nice being out in the sunshine though, I even got a little burn that hopefully turns into the beginnings of a tan. The only problem with the sunshine is that I'm figuring out that it makes me want a drink. I don't really know why, but both days I was out pulling weeds I had a strong craving. Monster energy drinks have seemed to be my fix for now but I need to figure out how to manage it much better since its always sunny and many days are spent outside and at the lake.

Today I finished painting a hutch for the spare room that I'm fixing up. I love it so much that I'm starting to contemplate putting it in the living room or dining room despite the fact that there is zero room for it. This is not the first time that this has happened with something for the room. I painted a mirror that I keep wanting to put in here as well. I really need to get back in that room and finish filling the 8 gazillion holes already so I can finally start pulling everything together. Filling holes is just not as fun as I would like it to be. Maybe if I just go and buy the colored paint it will motivate my ass. It feels really good to look around and see that I'm finally starting to get things done around here. We are going this coming weekend to find new couches and I am beyond excited. Its been quite awhile since we had brand spanking new ones, 2005 maybe? I'm pretty sure we have gone through over 15 since then, thanks to drunken dumb-ass-ness. :) Next on the list NEEDS to be floors. If I have to look at my God awful floors for much longer I am going to flip my lid.

Not a very good before pic, but it is what it is.
The after, I might still do some artsy stuffs to it though.




I talked to Trent tonight about alot of the feelings I'm having to deal with sober and it lead to a much needed breakdown. Its the first sober tears Ive cried in awhile, and as hard as it was, it felt really good to just let go. I'm pretty sure this isn't going to be the last time by a long shot.

All in all for a short weekend it was good. I'm glad if I couldn't really do anything, per se, that I could at least get some things done. I hope I keep it up, maybe then I wont be the only big change that happens over this next year, but mi casa as well. :) Anywho, that is all for now. Hopefully tomorrow I have an update on my P.T.D. terms, I dont think I can wait any longer at this point. -_-

Productive weekends and sober thoughts, Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment