Friday, February 17, 2012

Catching up :)




Well its been over a week since Ive been here, HELLO. I am now 18 days sober WOOT WOOT and coming live to you from my new laptop. Which is proving really difficult to get use to typing with. Anyhow things....things....things....Things have been good. They can't be too bad so long as I'm sober. We paid off some debt and got caught up on bills which is such a relief! Its going to cut our bills down by $480 per month. :) (I keep pressing random buttons that are doing very random things, lol) Anyhow, I also payed out the butt to get my license back ($835). I go tomorrow to take my picture and get my temp license, I really hope my picture doesn't come out retarded faced. I'm excited to go job hunting and finally attend some f2f meetings. But really just getting out of the house will be nice.

I have literally felt like a prisoner. Besides the occasional outing to the grocery store or Jen whisking me away on a romatical date, (ha ha) I'm always here. Whiskey has driven me up the walls as well as a horrible toothache, damn wisdom teeth. Its been the first test of my sobriety. I really wanted some liquor to numb the shit out of it. Lord knows I'm not gonna gargle and just spit tho, so Ive been living off of ibuprofen and easily chewed food for a week now. Its not too bad tho, Ive lost probably close to 6 pounds. I would have an exact number if my scale wasn't broken. It said in 1 day I gained 4 pounds when all I had eaten in 24 hours was some mashed potatoes and soup. LOL. I'm hoping to lose another 15-20 by April 13th, which is when Trent's mommy is marrying Benny Wayne. I'm pretty excited for the occasion.

Hmmmm what else....I'm starting to fix up our spare room. It use to be my brothers old room and we haven't messed with it since we moved in in 2006, Its a flipping disaster! Alot of holes, the windows were busted out and have wood over them, the walls are stained with what I'm going to assume is man ass and cigarette smoke. We did put linoleum in it when we moved in tho, we had to! It was pretty bad as well. I swear boys are the most disgusting creatures ever. I'm trying to do it all myself as a 'keeping busy project'. The only thing I can't do is replace outlets, so Trent will take care of that. I'm making him do it this weekend and after that he won't see the room till its done. I freaking love doing stuff like this, if I wasn't such a perfectionist I would probably do it as a living. That and I like doing things at my own pace.

RAWR, I'm so sleep deprived but im excited to finally have a computer again. I had decided to use the money I originally set aside from income tax for my laptop to pay more bills and RIGHT AFTER I paid the last bill, the computer totally pooped out. But it worked out really well becuase Trent had an awesome 2 weeks at workey work and we could afford an even better computer. I guess being responisble has its benefits. That and having the bestest fiance ever. He works so damn hard and somehow im the one that gets spoiled. Im gonna make sure that that changes up though!!! Trent has a want-list a mile long and I cant wait till he gets to start checking stuff off of it. Speaking of bragging, Mr. Trent who has supported my sobriety from day one has gone ABOVE AND BEYOND. He said he was going to cut back drinking but he has literally drank once in 18 days. And it was a 6 pack, he wanted more but he quit after a 6 pack. Im so damned proud of him! He loves me so damn much, I really feel like the luckiest girl in the world!



Its late and im sleepy faced. It was good clearing out my brain, but now im just digging for dust bunnies,

Yawnfaces and sober thoughts, Rachel.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog makes me lol :) Your stories are funny. I suspect being sleepy had something to do with it too though. LOL

    ReplyDelete