Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Getting out of debt is fun stuff!

Well I finally filed our taxes! Seemed like it was never going to happen. Usually we have them filed and get our money by my birthday (Jan 17th). Its a good thing I went low-key this year and wasn't planning my b-day according to money we wouldn't have had. Our original plan was to put everything we got back into fixing up the house, plans seem to never work. I think now we are going to get as far out of debt as we can. The less bills we have each month, the less stress I will have to deal with when I sit down and plan them out.

One of the biggest things we were gonna do was get some new flooring in, I hope we can still manage that (for the living room and hallway at least). I'm so tired of this ucky carpet. So many beer spills and stains (not to mention puppy pee pee from training Whiskey). I wanted to just do vinyl flooring for now (as Whiskey is still confused on where to go??), and get some really cool rugs that go with the theme of everything. I'm a great budget shopper so hopefully I find something. We also wanted to get a new door for the backdoor. My Dad (Dougie Fresh) got us a new door installed in the front for Xmas, and it is so damn awesome and sturdy, that I would feel even safer having it in the back as well!

THE BIGGEST THING, is getting my tickets paid off and my license re-instated! I was so excited to get it back for a short while and was suppose to start working after my new door. But as I said before, plans have an awesome way of not working out. Thankfully it hasn't been as stressful as I thought it would be. My lawyer has been awesome in working with me as far as when I start my program and the extra money my Dad (Mike) gave me, have been a blessing. Hopefully with paying some of our debt down, we will have enough room for me to take my time finding a job that I actually like and will succeed at. I'm so tired of working jobs that I hate, for people that I cant stand, for money that seems to disappear as soon as I get it. We seemed to learn how to save money through this ordeal, so I'm really excited to keep it up. Then hopefully we can little by little get the things done that I want to do with the house. No more throwing money away on beer and hangover munchies is going to really help!

Well that's it for now, just needed to share my excitement and ideas.

Optimist Prime outlook and sober thoughts, Rachel



No comments:

Post a Comment