Sunday, March 11, 2012

Lazy?




Well I've gotten pretty lazy when it comes to my blog, mainly because I'm trying to become unlazy when it comes to everything else. I talked to my lawyer and got everything signed, I should be getting a call from probation this coming week or at the latest, next week. I really wish I was a few months in by now, but o'well. Its just a year and regardless of when I start I still wont be drinking after so it really doesn't matter. Ive been doing a pretty good job of keeping busy, I did at least 10 loads of laundry on I think Thursday, I still need to put up a good 3 or 4. I don't mind doing the laundry but I HATE putting it up. Especially the stuff that goes in the dresser.


My friend Jen found this little Gem and I'm going to recreate it in my 'laundry nook',
 complete with a real clothesline and clothespins!


I filled some more holes in the spare room (including replacing some drywall, ALL BY MYSELF, pretty proud of that one) and took off the boards over the window so I could get to those, I'll put new glass in on Friday. I really don't know why we haven't done it before now, Lord knows our summer electricity bill has been begging for it, especially since its only like 20 bucks to fix. WTF RACHEL!! I guess that out of sight - out of mind thing has some truth to it. I have a good hour of hole filling left to go and then I get to prime whats left. Hopefully by this weekend Ill get it all done and can start decorating. I still need sheets though and its driving me crazy! Ive found some things around the house that I've fixed up and painted that will really pull it together and also found some knick knacks at    Wal-Mart on sale in the colors of the room too, its bathroom stuff but I have a super cute idea for it. SO FAR its been pretty cheap to renovate (is that the right word?), my DIY skills in large part to that. :) I think I might do something similar for our bedroom if it turns out good. As much as I love my (wo)MAN CAVE, it never got finished and I'm getting kind of bored of it.






Ive quit drinking Monsters and Diet sodas to add to my list of *so good, yet so bad, and now so gone*. The water increase has really boosted my weight loss though. I started drinking Crystal Light Energy again and its a pretty good swap for the Monsters and alot healthier. I sure hope I keep up all these good habits. It seems I'm taking on alot at once and I really don't feel like reaching some kind of breaking point. I'm down over 15 pounds so far and I hope to lose another 15 by April 13th. That's really my only goal for now other than my year goal, which I guess would be at least 50 pounds from my current weight. Ive seen alot of people doing some kind of crazy HCG diet and you are suppose to lose like 1-2 pounds a day, NO THANK YOU. Every time I've ever lost that kind of weight it always comes right back. Not to mention its unhealthy as fuck and leaves you with loose skin. EWWW. Not only that but 100 bucks a month is just insane when you can eat right and exercise for free. People be crazyyyyy! I took a few pictures the other day and when I get to April 13th Ill post my before and afters, (assuming that breaking point doesn't ninja attack me.) I'm pretty impressed with my personal before and after pictures so far, so hopefully these will be the same!





Before I get to my good byes I thought I would share one of my favorite healthy indulgences :)

1 Cucumber
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Celery stick
2 Tomatoes
1 can of whole kernel Corn
1/4 cup of low fat Ranch Dressing and low fat Italian Dressing mixed

Cut up all veggies to size of your liking, (I prefer mine small so you get good bites of everything). Mix it all together with the dressing and add pepper to taste. I RARELY use salt in anything I cook but if you do go ahead and salt away. I also like to add croutons, chow mien noodles, or almonds to top it off with depending on whats in the cabinets! Feel free to get creative and add anything you might like; olives, pickles, Tabasco, carrots, radishes etc....

Well its Walking Dead time and I'm ready to lay down and be lazy again :)

Healthy steps and sober thoughts, Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment